Semtech Advances Commitment to Corporate Citizenship
Appoints first-ever Environmental, Social and Governance officer (ESG) to lead its Sustainability efforts
CAMARILLO, Calif., June 1, 2021 – Semtech Corporation (Nasdaq: SMTC), a leading supplier of high performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductors and advanced algorithms, announced it has advanced its efforts on key Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives promoting corporate citizenship and sustainability, including focusing on diverse, equity and inclusive recruitment practices as well as development of its 1,300+ employees. To lead these efforts Semtech has appointed Charles B. Ammann as its new ESG officer, who will work closely with the committee of the board of directors having oversight on ESG matters. Under Mr. Ammann’s leadership, Semtech will continue to develop and act on strategic goals and key sustainability initiatives.
“We believe it is important to focus on ESG initiatives that are consistent with our long-standing Company core values. These values are the cornerstone of our goal-setting efforts that we expect will drive lasting sustainability achievements for the benefit of our stakeholders,” said Charles Ammann, Executive Vice President, Chief Legal Officer and Chief Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Officer at Semtech. “Although there is more work to be done on our journey to improve on the Company’s sustainability activities for the long term, we have a solid foundation of ESG initiatives underway and our technology, epitomized by our flagship LoRa® IoT solutions, is literally changing the world by enabling greater resource conservation and efficiency.”
Key initiatives for 2021 include:
- Leadership: Appointment of Semtech’s first ESG officer, who will work closely with the senior leadership team and the Company’s Nominating and Governance Committee of the Board having oversight on the Company's responsibility and sustainability principles, programs and practices, marks a key milestone in Semtech’s advancement of its ESG initiatives that are designed to drive more sustainable long-term results.
- Innovation for a Better World: Expanding on Semtech’s strong track record of investing in Research and Development initiatives to create disruptive technology aimed at a smarter, more connected and sustainable planet. The Company’s integration of its LoRa® technology into customer platforms that can be used to promote sustainable farming, combat COVID-19, manage our natural resources, such as water and gas, facilitate the management of climate change, including monitoring rising sea levels and managing global pollution, illustrates the Company’s continuing efforts that promote sustainable solutions. In addition, Semtech’s quest to manage radio power using proximity sensing in mobile devices to enable a healthier environment and to minimize the size, power and failure of electronics using advanced protection devices are examples of a long term commitment to creating a smarter and more sustainable planet.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: With respect to its interest in improving diversity, 30 percent of the Company’s board of directors is comprised of women and over 40 percent of the executive leadership is comprised of individuals from various ethnic backgrounds. To continue to expand the diversity in its leadership positions, the Semtech Women’s Leadership Council was formed to elevate and empower women, advise the Company in its efforts to identify, attract and retain top female talent for key engineering, technical and leadership positions, provide a platform for the exchange of ideas and dialogue for the advancement of the interests of women, and enhance a work environment that benefits from the diversity of opinion, backgrounds and cultures.
- Employee Engagement: The Company has launched an inaugural employee engagement survey to annually solicit feedback from its employees to measure employee sentiment on various matters, including employee satisfaction, recognition and the opportunity for learning and development.
- Professional Development: In addition to the extensive online learning options currently available, the Company is planning to further expand its investment in technical and leadership development programs that will be available to its employees worldwide.
To learn more about Semtech’s ESG initiatives, please visit the website.
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of high performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductors and advanced algorithms for infrastructure, high-end consumer and industrial equipment. Products are designed to benefit the engineering community as well as the global community. The Company is dedicated to reducing the impact it, and its products, have on the environment. Internal green programs seek to reduce waste through material and manufacturing control, use of green technology and designing for resource reduction. Publicly traded since 1967, Semtech is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol SMTC. For more information, visit http://fr.semtech.com.
Forward-Looking and Cautionary Statements
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words “will,” “planning to,” “designed to” or other similar words or expressions, that describe Semtech Corporation’s or its management’s future plans, objectives or goals are “forward-looking statements” and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of Semtech Corporation to be materially different from the historical results and/or from any future results or outcomes expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors are further addressed in Semtech Corporation’s annual and quarterly reports, and in other documents or reports, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (www.sec.gov) including, without limitation, information under the captions “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations” and “Risk Factors.” Semtech Corporation assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release, except as required by law.
Semtech, the Semtech logo and LoRa are registered trademarks or service marks of Semtech Corporation or its affiliates.