The GS3470 is a multi-rate SDI Receiver which includes complete SMPTE processing. The SMPTE processing features can be bypassed to support signals with other coding schemes. Multi-link UHD can be supported when multiple GS3470 devices are used.
The device features a dual input buffer with a 2x2 MUX. The 2x2 MUX can select between either input for de-serialization and can route either of the two inputs to the serial loopback independently (reclocked or non-reclocked). In addition, the integrated Re-timer with an internal VCO provides a wide Input Jitter Tolerance (IJT).
Configurable Power-down modes are available and allows for increased flexibility. Each Power-down mode enables power savings to a varying degree by selectively enabling or disabling key features. Some of the options available in Power-down mode are CSR access, PCLK, retimed SDO loop-through output, and non-retimed SDO loop-through output. Enabling or disabling each of these options will offer power consumption levels to suit the application's requirements.
The device has three other basic modes of operation which include:
- SMPTE mode
- DVB-ASI mode
- Data-Through mode
The GS3470 includes an audio de-embedder and audio clocks are internally generated. Up to eight channels (two audio groups) of serial digital audio may be extracted from the video data stream, in accordance with SMPTE ST 272-C and SMPTE ST 299.
New features and benefits vs. the existing solution:
- GS3470 has smaller package size, 9x9mm 100-ball BGA at 0.8mm ball pitch vs. GS2970A 11x11mm 100-ball BGA at 1mm ball pitch
- GS3470 has less power consumption, typical 220mW vs. GS2970A 350mW typical
- GS3470 fully supports 2K and multi-link UHD
- GS347x has two serial input ports and one internal 2x2 mux. The deserialized signal and the loop-through signal can be independently selected. GS2970A has only one serial input
- Eight configurable power-saving modes vs. GS2970A one standby mode