The GS3471 is a multi-rate SDI Receiver with complete SMPTE processing. The SMPTE processing features can be bypassed to support signals with other coding schemes. Multi-link UHD can be supported when multiple GS3471 devices are used.
The GS3471 integrates Semtech's adaptive cable equalizer technology, achieving unprecedented cable lengths and jitter tolerance. The device features a dual input buffer with a 2x2 MUX. The 2x2 MUX can select between either input for de-serialization and can route either of the two inputs to the serial loopback independently (reclocked or non-reclocked). In addition, the integrated Re-timer with an internal VCO provides a wide Input Jitter Tolerance (IJT).
Configurable Power-down modes are available and allows for increased flexibility. Each Power-down mode enables power savings to a varying degree by selectively enabling or disabling key features. Some of the options available in Power-down mode are CSR access, PCLK, retimed SDO loop-through output, and non-retimed SDO loop-through output. Enabling or disabling each of these options will offer power consumption levels to suit the application's requirements.
The device has three other basic modes of operation which include:
- SMPTE mode
- DVB-ASI mode
- Data-Through mode
The GS3471 includes an audio de-embedder and audio clocks are internally generated. Up to eight channels (two audio groups) of serial digital audio may be extracted from the video data stream, in accordance with SMPTE ST 272-C and SMPTE ST 299.
New features and benefits vs. the existing solution:
- GS3471 has smaller package size, 9x9mm 100-ball BGA at 0.8mm ball pitch vs. GS2971A 11x11mm 100-ball BGA at 1mm ball pitch
- GS3471 has less power consumption, typical 300mW vs. GS2970A 545mW typical
- GS3471 fully supports 2K and multi-link UHD
- GS3471 has two serial input ports and one internal 2x2 mux. The deserialized signal and the loop-through signal can be independently selected. Note there is only one embedded cable EQ in the GS3471, and second input port requires an external cable EQ. The GS2971A has only one serial input
- GS3471 integrates the latest high performance cable EQ technology, providing improved cable reach at all rates
- Eight configurable power-saving modes vs. GS2971A one standby mode